Baba preached at Shirdi all his life and performed numerous miracles to convince people that God exists.He healed people's diseases,provided moral and material comfort to his Devotees.Baba helped bring Unity and Harmony between all communities.He said that God is one,but called by different names.He said follow your own religion and seek the truth.
Sai Baba's Assurance to His devotees:
1. No harm shall befall him who sets his foot on the soil of Shirdi.
2. He who cometh to My Samadhi, his sorrow and suffering shall cease.
3. Though I be no more in flesh and blood, I shall ever protect My devotees.
4. Trust in Me and your prayer shall be answered.
5. Know that My Spirit is immortal.Know this for yourself.
6. Show unto Me he who sought refuge and been turned away.
7. In whatever faith men worship Me,even so do I render to them.
8. Not in vain is My Promise that I shall ever lighten your burden.
9. Knock, and the door shall open.Ask and ye shall be granted.
10. To him who surrenders unto Me totally I shall be ever indebted.
11. Blessed is he who has become one with Me.
Design: Made in heavy shining brass.
Brass is well known for its grasping capacity.It grasps the divine spirit upto 30%, when compared to other metals.The spiritual vibrations are attracted towards these shining idols easily.
Dimension: 7.3 inches (H) X 3 inches (W) X 3.5 inches (L) approx
Weight: 1.5 kgs
Importance of Idol worship: Idols are not the idle fancies of sculptors, but shining channels through which the heart of the devotee is attracted to and flows towards God. Though the image is worshipped, the devotee feels the presence of the Lord in it and pours out his devotion unto it. Regular worship, Puja and other modes of demonstrating our inner feeling of recognition of Divinity in the idol unveils the Divinity latent in it. This is truly a wonder and a miracle. The picture comes to life. The idol speaks. It will answer your questions and solve your problems. The God in you has the power to awaken the latent Divinity in the idol. The lives of Mirabai, Sant Tukaram, Shri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Shri Yogananda are a few instances to prove the point. They proved beyond doubt that idol worship has its own brighter side and through simple faith and intense devotion one can realize God through it.
Idols are the "finite representation of the Infinite". As per Vishnu Samhita (ch 29, v 55-7), persuasively endorses the use of imagery (idols) and puts it:"Without a form how can God be mediated upon? If (He is) without any form, where will the mind fix itself? When there is nothing for the mind to attach itself to, it will slip away from meditation or will glide into a state of slumber. Therefore the wise will meditate on some form, remembering, however, that the form is a superimposition and not a reality."