The Guru Granth Sahib is truely unique among the world's great scriptures. It is considered the Supreme Spiritual Authority and Head of the Sikh religion, rather than any living person. Guru Granth Sahib is a collection of devotional hymns and poetry which proclaims God, lays stress on meditation on the True Guru (God), and lays down moral and ethical rules for development of the soul, spiritual salvation. No one can change or alter any of the writings of the Sikh gurus written in the Adi Granth. This includes sentences, words, structure, grammar and meanings.
Guru Granth Sahib plays a central role in guiding the Sikhs' way of life. Its place in Sikh devotional life is based on two fundamental principles: that the text is the living Guru and that all answers regarding religion and morality can be discovered within it. Its hymns and teachings are called Gurbani or "Word of the guru" and sometimes Guru ki bani or "Word of God". The revealed divine word is written by the past Gurus. Numerous holy men, aside from the Sikh Gurus, are collectively referred to as Bhagats or "devotees." Their writings were included in the Adi Granth and are referred to as Bhagat bani, "Word of Devotees".
Puja service includes:
- Before the Guru Granth Sahib is brought the place would be washed with milk and water to make it pure.
- The "Palki Sahib" where Guru Granth Sahib is placed is decorated with flowers.
- Akhand Ghee diya is lightened for 3 days, non-stop.
- One recitation of Guru Granth Saheb over a period of 3 days.
- Sukhmani Saheb recitation.
- On the last day of Paath, Bhojan to 5 Sikh priests with one box of sweets to be given.
- DVD's would be made on the first day and "Kabir Slokh" would be recorded and final "Ardass" and bhojan being prepared and served.
- Non-stop recitation Guru Granth Sahib, one priest would be present throughout 24 hours for 3 days.
- One big Garland at the end of the 3rd to need to placed an Guru Granth Sahib.
- Last day "Huknama" and explanation of "Hukanma" in plain words.
- Donation to priests during Shabad Kirtan", when they are performing kirtan.
- Everything would be done according to Sikh rights.
- Lunger to 150 priests.
- 4 DVDs covering almost the entire main rituals.
Number of priests: 6
Duration: 3 days
Vedic Vaani priests will perform Puja & yagna as per vedic rituals based on birth details. The Puja prasad and photos will be sent to you through courier. Please mention your birth details (name, date, time, place) & Sankalp (wish) at checkout. This is a individual puja (you may do puja on individual name or include your near and dear ones in the puja). You will be provided with the contact no. of the priest, to call during the sankalpa/yagna. Know more about our exclusive Puja Services.