Navadurga which literally means nine Goddess Durgas, are the manifestation of Durga in nine different forms. Navdurga are worshipped during all four Navratis in a year.
The 9 forms of suprem Goddess Durga are:
1. Shailaputri: She is known as 1st phase of Durga when she took birth as the daughter of Great Himalayas.
2. Brahmacharini: she is Devi's that phase when Maa Parvati before marriage was Devi Yogni and Devi Tapsvini.
3. Chandraghanta: May that Durga Devi, who rides on Tiger, who is endowed with intense anger and violence and is renowned by the name of Maa Chandraghanta, bestow her grace on me. Chandraghanta Maa is known and named Chandraghanta or Chandra-Khanda as Maa Durga wears the semi-circular moon (Chandra) which appears like a bell (Ghanta) on her forehead.
4. Kushmanda: In this form Mother Durga creates solar system by liberating her power to Lord Sun.
5. Skandamata: As Mother of Skanda or Kartikeya, Maa Parvati or Maa Durga is known as Skandmata.
6. Kathyayini: When Maa Parvati's Partial expansion took birth in Sage Katya's home and gets energy from trinity and demi Gods, then the Goddess was known as Maa Katyani.
7. Kaalratri: In Skand Purana, Maa Parvati liberates Devi's golden outer sheath and becomes dark complexioned then Goddess becomes Goddess Kaalratri.
8. Mahagauri: Devi is 16 years old unmarried Goddess Parvati.
9. Siddhidaatri: She is one who was worshiped by Lord Shiva to become in the form of Goddess Ardhnarishwara, then Goddess Shakti Appeared from the left side of Lord Shiva.
Invoke the blessings of Goddess Navdurga by installing this photo in your puja altar, prayer room, office cabin or living area.
Design: Printed on high quality photo paper with wooden photo frame.
|Show On Homepage||No|
Navadurga which literally means nine Goddess Durgas, are the manifestation of Durga in nine different forms. Navdurga are worshipped during all four Navratis in a year. Set in elegant wooden frame with golden border